December 23, 2015
The end of the year brings no greater joy than the opportunity to spend quality time with family, share warm wishes with all, and of course, indulge in some tasty holiday treats. Even better, holiday treats offer a wonderful time for fun and creativity. This Christmas, gather your friends and family and try building your own easy, and delicious gingerbread house! We found a method that's easy to create and doesn't require baking, making it a perfect holiday activity for children too!
- serrated knife
- plates and/or tray (whatever display surface works best for you!)
- graham crackers (try using cinnamon grahams too for extra flavor!)
- shredded coconut
- candy decorations
- with a serrated knife, saw a graham cracker into two squares
- take another graham and saw off the top corners into a point, to create the peaked roof of your house. Repeat this with another graham cracker
- Pipe icing onto the bottom and vertical sides of one of the peaked pieces.
- Place on an upside-down paper plate, using a small object (such as a spice jar) to prop it up.
- Continue to pipe icing on the edges of a square piece of cracker and adhere it to the peaked piece at a 90 degree angle, using the icing as "glue" to hold it together.
- Remove the small object used to prop up the peaked piece and adhere the remaining 2 graham cracker pieces with icing edges, forming the 4 walls of your gingerbread house.
- Saw two more graham cracker squares to form the roof.
- Spread icing on roof squres to look like snow and add candy decorations.
- Pipe icing on to the top edges of the house and adhere roof pieces.
- Place plates on a tray and cover with shreeded coconut to look like snow.
- Use your imagination to add doors, windows, and extra icing and candy decoration! Have fun with your creation!
Want to kick it up a notch by throwing a competition? No problem! Keep it light and fun by including award categories like "most likely to make you LOL" and "Most Creative". Find holiday trophies and metals in our holiday category! As always, we offer fast service and free engraving on most items.